Do you really need an agent to sell your house in today’s market? Here’s what Fannie Mae suggests to sellers on the Know Your Options section of their website:
“Select how you'll market and list the home (e.g., with a real estate agent or for sale by owner). There are pros and cons to each, but unless you are experienced at selling homes, it usually makes financial sense to get professional help—homes sold by agents typically sell at a higher price and spend less time on the market. An agent will also help you determine the best pricing for the house, they'll market the home, and they'll be your advocate throughout the process.”
Let’s go over the points they made:
- Homes sold by agents typically sell at a higher price
- Homes sold by agents typically spend less time on the market
- An agent will help you determine the best pricing for the house
- An agent will market the home
- An agent will be your advocate throughout the process
If Fannie Mae says using an agent probably makes sense, perhaps you should interview real estae brokers like Steve Hill and Sandra Brenner before putting your home up for sale.
For a complimentary market analysis of your home, give us a call, text or email today!
-Steve and Sandra
Steve Hill and Sandra Brenner
Windermere Real Estate